Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

The Market - Description

This is a description of a market. This didn't really happen in real life, it is just made up. Happy reading!




As I enter the vast ocean of tents, I hear lots of different languages, and people shouting trying to get people’s attention. Moments later, the smell hits me. A combination of fish, fruit, and a hint of sweets. I look around, and see lots of colours. Red, orange, blue, white, basically all the colours of the spectrum.

Lots of people jostle around me as I try and find the juicy green feijoas. Everything in different colours make it hard for me to see. So I turn to my sense of smell. I smell the air, lettuce, chilli, kiwifruit, but no feijoas. With lots of tents how am I going to find the feijoas? Then it hits me. I see a sign. This place is divided into four areas. A fruit area, a vegetable area, a meat area, and an other area. I head for the fruit area.

A while later, I smell the feijoas. I follow the juicy smell, and it brings me to this person. It looked like he was from Australia. He had a green t-shirt, blue jeans and a cap saying ‘AUSTRALIA’. He bit into the juicy goodness of the feijoa
“Excuse me sir, where did you get those feijoas?” I ask,
“Over in that red tent. But better be quick, they are selling fast.” He replies. I found a red tent that stands out from the blue and white tents. I ran. I ran past people pushing them aside. Some of them don’t care, but others shout at me. I ignore them.

I get to the stall just as a person runs behind me. He looks like he needs some feijoas as well. I find the crate with the feijoas. I see ten. I buy five, just so the person behind me can get some as well. Then I ran out of the market. I then realised that I was sweating hard out. It was hot in there. I then walked home, hot from the people in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.