Pages

Monday 16 March 2015

Oakley Creek Park

The Council has chosen our school for this project. It is going to be mailed to them.




Oakley Creek - What My Park Looks Like

Oakley Creek is turning into a disaster. There used to be a natural way that the water would flow, but the Auckland Council changed the way it flows with a concrete channel. The disaster? Every time heavy rain falls, it floods and gets into the houses nearby. So the Auckland Council has chosen our school, Owairaka Primary School, to choose ideas that we want in the park. The Council is spending $25,000,000 on this project. This is what my park would have.


My Oakley Creek Park would have lots of things to get kids entertained, for adventure, for action, for lots of things. I like climbing trees, so I wanted some activities in the trees and maybe even a bridge from tree to tree.

Lots of teenagers like to skate, so I added a quarter pipe and a half pipe with stairs for easy access to the top. Also because that won’t officially make it a skate park, I would add rails, ramps, stones and lots of things a usual skatepark would have.

For the kids that like it, the playground, with monkey bars, slides, basically everything a playground has. Also a sandbox, or a sandpit, for kids that like to make sand castle. Maybe even a flying fox, possibly running over the creek.

When I can, I like to ride my bike around. If there is someone in the way, I always have to ride onto the grass, which annoys me. So I added a bike and scooter lane so I don’t have to ride off-road.

I also want a swimming pool, so we don’t have to drive all the way to New Windsor, where we go to swim. Plus, it will only take 11 minutes to walk, so we are saving fuel, and more importantly, saving the environment.

Maybe some walls for people that like action. People that pretend to play Call of Duty in the playground use whatever they can as walls to get cover. These walls will also be good if people want to Nerf Battle.

People that like basketball, maybe we could add a small court. Not a big court, but a small one like the one at Owairaka Park. People that like rugby, I don’t know if we could fit a field there, but if we can, then I would add that as well. Maybe a soccer one somwehere as well.

Most importantly, (well that’s what I think,) dog waste bins. In this park we don’t want dog poop everywhere, and we certainly don’t want to hold it until we get home. So there would be dog waste bins every 100 metres or so.


And that concludes what I would want in my park. Thank you for reading this Auckland Council and I hope you pick at least one of my ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.